A few weeks back, it was rumored that Jared Leto and Margot Robbie would be starring in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, as the Joker and Harley Quinn respectively. Well, Variety reports that the full line-up has been announced–not only are Leto and Robbie in–you can also expect Tom Hardy and Will Smith, because DC really wants to make obscene amounts of money on this baby. I should know, I just sent them a post-dated check for a year-and-a-half from now. Anyway, cast list time!
- Jared Leto as The Joker (you know who The Joker is, so let’s keep going.)
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (The Joker’s therapist-turned-girlfriend, literally the best comic book character ever.)
- Will Smith as Deadshot (a cybernetic assassin who shoots stuff. Think Hawkeye, but better.)
- Tom Hardy as Rick Flag (Really just a well-trained soldier, except for some reason they gave the name to three generations of men from the same family, all of whom were in The Suicide Squad, because that’s not confusing at all.)
- Jai Courtney as Boomerang (A guy with a boomerang. Yup.)
- Cara Delevingne as Enchantress (Once again, the name kinda explains this one. But hey, at least one of them has actual super powers, so there’s that.)
So here’s the only part that bothers me: I know they’re going for gritty realism and all, but literally only one of them has actual superpowers. Seriously, why not throw in King Shark? I know Killer Frost was only in it for a brief period of time, but at least she has powers. I’m just saying, having one sorceress and then a cavalcade of gritty mercenaries might be a little uneven.