Nicki Minaj’s nipple almost slipped on ‘Idol’

Because gossip blogs are basically 63% nipple (the other 37% is composed of DERP, it’s a science, really) Nicki Minaj went ahead and nearly slipped a nipple while she was performing her latest single Starships on American Idol last night. Apparently, some people freak out over a tiny circle of skin. Page Six reports:

Minaj arrived on the Idol stage, exiting from a pink and purple UFO. The singer wore a blonde wig, and showed off her ample curves in a rainbow colored bra top and skirt. As Minaj danced, her chest bounced heavily. At one point in the performance, the rapper turned around, appearing to tuck herself back into her top.

“That was fun,” host Ryan Seacrest said, interviewing the star as she finished her song. “There were parts of that performance that were a little high-risk, if you know what I’m saying.” Minaj sounded embarrassed grumbling, “I know.” But she quickly bounced back, making a pitch to be a judge on the show.

If you’re the kind of person who thinks it’s obscene for a woman to be flashing her boobs on television and you complain about it to whoever you can reach, bear in mind, Idol features judge Steven Tyler‘s crazy ass face in every episode. I totally defy you to tell me that a female’s nipple is actually worse for your children and your own purity than staring at Steven’s weathered mug.

Nicki Minaj

Jeremy Feist About Jeremy Feist

Jeremy Feist is an (ahem) entertainer from Toronto, Canada. He writes, acts, and performs on stage, and has been a writer for Popbytes for almost three years now. He lives in Toronto with his boyfriend, his incredibly dumb but cute puppy, and his immortal cat.

Super Fresh Gossip From Around The Web!

Madonna "Two Steps Behind Me" Lady Gaga Diss Track Madonna disses Lady Gaga on her rumored upcoming track "Two Steps Behind Me" The Blemish
Adam Levine feels 'slightly more masculine, more like a man' now that he's married Celebitchy
Beyoncé and Jay Z's Labor Day PDA puts an end to those rampant divorce rumors! PopSugar
Oh Dear: Girls' Lena Dunham Instagrammed a photo of herself just as she woke up ... SOW
Truth: Courtney Stodden will never come close to being a legend like Marilyn Monroe! ICYDK
Hacked: The greatest celebrity nude photo leak of all time is now upon us all! Celebslam
Start your week out right ... listen to Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" (The Fart Remix) OMG Blog
Want to see naked photos from the celebrity cellphone hack of the century? Hollywood Tuna
Matthew Terry is the ultimate Calvin Klein model ... from jeans to underwear–hot! Oh La La
Ugh: Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg simply could not wait to get married! Evil Beet
Baby North West has already totally mastered an expert-level 'over it' expression ... Dlisted