The 14th season of CBS’ Big Brother starts this week, and with it comes a new crop of contestants to compete for the $1 Million prize. For the sake of brevity, I’ve waded through them all in order to best pigeon-hole all the contestants, and try and find out which one actually stands a chance of winning.
- Strengths: Cute, bubbly, runs her own business.
- Weaknesses: A bit scatterbrained, uses the word “floaters” too much, inability to count to five.
- Can she win?: Possibly. She seems to be a hard worker, which could work for her.
- Strengths: Registered nurse, upbeat, a smart cookie.
- Weaknesses: Might be a bit too nice, might lack competitiveness.
- Can she win?: She has the personality, but judging from her bio, she doesn’t have the cut-throat attitude to really take the crown.
- Strengths: Ummm… hair?
- Weaknesses: Unemployed, vain, moron.
- Can he win?: Good God no.
- Strengths: Arguable the smartest, young, non-threatening.
- Weaknesses: If you didn’t notice, nebbish nerds have never done all that well on reality TV.
- Can he win?: In theory, yes. In practice, I see him getting far, organizing a game plan, then getting ousted.
- Strengths: Tough as nails, talented, stand-out.
- Weaknesses: Her attitude and eccentricities could rub some of the more vapid contestants the wrong way.
- Can she win?: Like Adam from last year, I see her going far. Whether or not she can clinch it is up in the air.
- Strengths: Endearing, grounded, non-threatening.
- Weaknesses: Her bio was rather… short on details, which makes me wonder how eloquent she can be.
- Can she win?: She seems like someone who could fly under the radar, but she’s going to need to pick it up if she wants to hang in there.
- Strengths: Strategic, secretive, ambitious.
- Weaknesses: She seems like someone who has no problem stepping on others to win, which is definitely a double-edged sword.
- Can she win?: She’s a competitor for sure, but her social game doesn’t look as hot as her competitive game.
- Strengths: Likable, sweet, worked at Disney parks so clearly she has some patience.
- Weaknesses: Like Jodi, she skimped on her bio, which makes me question her smarts.
- Can she win?: Jordan was a sweetheart, if somewhat of an airhead, and look how she did.
- Strengths: Charismatic, hard working, smart.
- Weaknesses: He’s a front-runner, which puts a big ol’ target on his back.
- Can he win?: He’s definitely one to watch, and as long as he plays his social game well, he could take it.
- Strengths: Pretty boy, competitive edge, looks remarkably like Jennifer Aniston.
- Weaknesses: By the sound of it, his social game might be in trouble.
- Can he win?: I doubt it, but he sounds like a shit disturber, so at least he’ll be fun to watch.
- Strengths: As far as I can tell? None.
- Weaknesses: Honestly, the guy comes across like a giant asshole.
- Can he win?: Short story: No. Long story: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- Strengths: Grounded, entertaining, cooks.
- Weaknesses: He’s a dad, which means some of that nastiness might have been sucked out of him.
- Can he win?: I don’t think so, but who knows? Maybe he’ll be a surprise.
Granted, there are still four more previous contestants being brought back, but right now, I’d say the front runners are Ashley, Danielle, Jenn and Shane. And if I had to guess, the first one out would probably be Willie by a mile, or possibly Frank.