Just in case you haven’t heard by now, California has overturned Proposition 8, the bill that banned same-sex marriage in California, for being unconstitutional. A great victory for gays and lesbians everywhere, and of course, celebrities took to Twitter to throw a little dirt on the coffin of Prop 8!
• Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger: “This decision affirms the full legal protections and safeguards I believe everyone deserves.”
• Ellen DeGeneres: “Equality won!”
• Portia de Rossi: “I am ecstatic that proposition 8 has been overturned in the state of California. This is an incredibly exciting and historical day and a big step towards equal rights for all.”
• Lance Bass: “Congrats on the overturning of Prop 8!!!!”
• Pink: “It’s a good day!”
• Ricky Martin: “YEAHHHHH! PROP8UNCONSTITUTIONAL MOVING FORWARD!”
So all in all, equality and justice won out over bigotry and hate in California. There’s still a ways to go, but for the time being, I think we can all agree when I say: HAHA. Stick your unconstitutional law up your ignorant asses, douchebags!
XXXO, Jeremy Feist