- Taken 2 held onto the number one spot at the box office this weekend for a second time, raking in $22.5 Million. For those of you who are interested in the movie but not quite willing to pay to see it, this is probably how it went: Someone takes Lima Neeson’s daughter. “GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!” Running punching running punching running kicking running punching. “GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!” Guns guns guns guns guns bad guy dies. “I HAVE MY DAUGHTER BACK!” The end.
- Oh my God, you guys have you seen Argo yet? I have no idea what it’s about but it’s the best movie ever and you need to see it! Well, not as badly as you need to see Taken 2 apparently, but still, it did managed to bring in $20.1 Million, which isn’t bad for mid-October Oscar bait.
- So, what’s going on with Sinister here? At one point, it was the best reviewed horror movie ever on Rotten Tomatoes, and then it wasn’t, and then it just kinda plummeted. Still, it did pretty well, pulling in $18.2 Million on a $3 Million budget, although that number will probably go down once Paranormal Activity 4 comes out.
- Hotel Transylvania pulled in an additional $17.3 Million, which thus proves the formula: Adam Sandler + silly voice – any actual Adam Sandler on-screen = MONEY.
- When I first read that Here Comes the Boom pulled in $12 Million, I was complete baffled. What the hell was Here Comes the Boom? Then I realized that it was the Kevin James movie where he plays a cage fighter, because of course it was. Kevin James doesn’t really do characters so much as he just plays himself doing wacky jobs he’d be terrible at. Seriously: Zoo Keeper? Mall Cop? Grown-Ups? Notice a pattern?
October 15, 2012