- After two complete and total failures at the box office, Adam Sandler may have finally figured out how to actually pull in some money: by completely removing himself from the picture. Hotel Transylvania earned $43 Million over the weekend, which is not only his highest debut since The Longest Yard, but also the highest grossing weekend ever for September… although technically, we are in October. Still, not too shabby.
- Looper has been getting some pretty great reviews as of late, which for a sci-fi movie coming out in September, is pretty surprising no matter how you cut it. The movie earned $21.2 Million, and also inspired me to never ever hope for time travel because I don’t want to get killed by time murderers.
- Turns out, I was right about End of Watch winning the box office last week, because between it and House at the End of the Street (more on that later) it didn’t fall quite as hard, earning a respectable $8 Million in its second week.
- Trouble with the Curve earned $7.5 Million, and … I don’t know, some joke about chair yelling. It’s Monday morning, cut me some slack.
- See? House at the End of the Street, as promised. It earned a not-too-great $7.1 Million in its second week, which still puts it above budget, but its still not a fantastic run.
October 1, 2012