- I know next to nothing about Big Hero 6, other than it’s about some sort of marshmallow robot superhero and I need to see it. Apparently, I’m not alone in my judgment because according to Box Office Mojo, it was the number one movie this weekend with a $56.2 Million haul. So look forward to your kids asking for marshmallow superhero toys for Christmas this year! They will sell out immediately and be impossible to find. Consider yourself fairly warned.
- And for the adults, there’s Interstellar, the Christopher Nolan movie starring all your favorite Christopher Nolan actors! Seriously, the man’s becoming a one-man Oscarbait industry. Anyway, it earned $50 Million, thus continuing the McConaissance, whatever that is. (It it a car commercial? The McConassiance is a car commercial, right?)
- After four weeks, Gone Girl has finally bested Fury, settling into third place with a $6.1 Million weekend. Which is weird, because unlike Fury, this film doesn’t even feature a scene where (spoiler alert) Shia Labeouf gets shot in the face. Of course, it could have been someone else getting shot in the face while Shia took credit for the whole thing. There’s that too.
- Ouija, what are you doing here? Halloween was over a week ago! You don’t belong here! This is where the Christmas movies are supposed to go! Take your $6 Million and wait for your DVD / Blu-ray release next fall.
- Surprisingly, St. Vincent is not a movie about an acclaimed indie rock songstress and is instead a movie about how Bill Murray is awesome and we should nominate him for an Oscar. Anyway, it scored $5.7 Million at the box office.
November 10, 2014